The longevity of any handbag will depend on factors like how often it is used, the weight it carries and environmental factors like heat, moisture and sunlight that the bag encounters while being worn and during storage. Here are some tips in getting the longest possible lifespan out of your beloved new Liv & Milly product. Genuine manufacturing faults are usually detected within a 3 month warranty period.
The longevity of any handbag will depend on factors like how often it is used, the weight it carries and environmental factors like heat, moisture and sunlight that the bag encounters while being worn and during storage.
Pu leather is a kind of manufactured synthetic material which is durable and has a touching sense and visual appearance similar to true leather.
Our products made with polyurethane (PU) are easy to maintain and can last nearly as long as genuine leather if you take special care. Fortunately PU is more resistant to scuffing/marking and has less chance of stretching/fading over time.
Please consider the following steps when caring for your Liv & Milly PU product:
- Wipe down the material with a damp cloth when required to remove dust & grime. Be sure to dry bag after.
- To remove stains or imbedded dirt use a small mixture of dish soap, warm water and soft bristled brush (old toothbrush works best). Dry naturally after before storing
- Leather cleaners and conditioners are recommended for maintenance
- If using alcohol based products, be sure to test a small spot of the material before applying to entire product.
- Store in a cool, dry place where air can circulate and your product is away from direct sunlight
- Air your PU product every couple of weeks to limit the chance of mould
- If your products get wet, remove any residual water immediately with a paper towel and allow it to dry naturally.
Faux suede is a robust fabric made from polyester microfiber. It is more durable than traditional suede.
- Avoid all liquids, as it is generally not colourfast
- Brush off excess dirt/stain using a soft clean brush or cloth.
- Use a slightly dampened cloth to heavily soiled areas – always spot check first!
- Alternate using damp cloth and dry cloth to clean
- After cleaning the fabric can become stiff. Use a clean soft bristle brush (toothbrush) to cure this.
It is advised to store your handbag or clutch in a dust cloth bag or natural fibre pillowslip. Keep them stuffed with clean bubble wrap or clean plastic to retain their shape and do not crush them on top of one another. Using bubble wrap to stuff your bags helps as it does not attract moths in the same way as tissue paper can. Make sure it’s clean when put away in storage. Store them in a cool dry area that does not encounter sunlight, heat or moisture. Avoid hanging your bag by its straps as this put pressure on strap anchors/seams where joined to the bag and can wear the seam out prematurely.